Monday, July 28, 2014

Baby!

The same weekend we put the offer in on the new house, we also found out about this:
That is our baby girl! 
 
She was only 12 weeks along there and already she had her hand to her forehead in dramatic "ugh mom, enough with the pictures already" fashion. 
 
We're expecting her on November 30th and we're excited and overwhelmed and in awe all at once.
 
This pregnancy has been blissfully easy-peasy so far.  I never got sick, haven't had any of the fatigue or heartburn or other typical early pregnancy symptoms.  And other than a random two week period where I would have done horrible, inexplicable things to get my hands on some watermelon, I haven't had any cravings.  At this point, I'm two weeks away from the third trimester and feel totally normal.  I'm still only barely showing.  Every time I go to the doctor, I expect them to say "What are you doing here?  We were just kidding!"  But she's in there.  I can feel her now sometimes, wriggling away in there. 
 
I know she'll be here before we even can believe it, and I at once love and feel a little guilty that so far she's all mine.  It's up to me to keep her healthy and safe, and I get to feel her little movements and talk to her whenever I want - that's the love part.  The slight guilt part comes from Joe being so excited but not really being able to be a part of it yet as intimately as I am.  I'll often announce that she's moving when we're lying in bed at night and he'll reach over as quickly as possible to see if he can feel her.  Without fail, as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, she stops.  He hasn't been able to catch her once yet.  If I didn't know better, I'd think she does it on purpose just to mess with us.  That's my girl!
 
November 30th seems so far away and right around the corner all at once.  I can't wait, but I'm in no hurry to meet you, little girl.  Keep getting bigger.  And if you could make it so I start looking more pregnant soon, I'd appreciate it.  If only so when I'm at Dairy Queen at night in my pajamas and no make-up, it doesn't seem quite so sad. 

0 comments: